DOES SOCIETY ENCOURAGE CHEATING ?

I was scanning the headlines the other day and I came across a situation with a few athletes, couple girlfriends/wives, a breakup and someone ended up being called a snitch. So I posed the question on Twitter: “Are you more upset with the guy who cheats on his wife or the guy who snitches that he knows another guy is cheating on his wife?” I was surprised at the responses I got. The majority if not all people who replied said, that they were more upset with the guy who snitched. I was talking offline with a friend and I gave him the results of this brief twitter survey and I said, “See and that’s why men will always cheat.”

I couldn’t believe that people were more upset about snitching over cheating, but it didn’t surprise me. After all the Black community has spoken and we’d rather harbor murderers and drug dealers than ever think about going to the cops to report a crime. But none the less, this beckons the question, Is society encouraging cheating? It’s a very interesting question, and without wasting a lot of your time I will tell you that yes, they are. Take a look at these three observations:

1) There’s a strict no snitching rule – I have a friend named each Tuesday on her blog she asks ten questions to a fellow blogger or reader. One of the questions is, If you found out your friend was cheating would you tell? Each week without fail, everyone replies, “No, that’s not my place.” Would you believe that? Society makes it so hard to even catch a cheater because no one is willing to assist the person who is being deceived. In fact, they’re much more likely to assist the cheater.

2) Women want what they want – There are women who believe in sleeping with men who have girlfriends or wives. They will tell themselves that since they are not interested in anything more than sex, that this completely justifies the affair. Sigh. Another reason that is often tossed out is that some women find it fulfilling to know that they have the power to cause a man to cheat on his wife or the mother of his children. That type of manipulation bothers me greatly because it speaks to the character of that woman.



3) Men want what they can’t have – We can’t leave the guilty men off this list, they are equally responsible. I think I might have been one of the first people to step up and call shenanigans on the amount of music on the radio that targeted women in relationships, and encouraged them to cheat. I just found it awkward that a man would want to have sex with a woman that he knows was with someone else first. However, that does not stop men from lusting after and pursuing women who are married or sometimes just in a relationship.



If there’s anything that should be alarming to people who chose to dip out on their marriage, it is that divorce and family courts across America have no sympathy for infidelity. If are a woman who dips out on your husband, you can kiss that alimony goodbye. And as if you weren’t already screwed as the man in the situation, the one thing you can look forward to is a speedy trial because no judge will hesitate to give your ex-wife everything she deserves. So it’s safe to conclude that the courts aren’t encouraging cheating.
From a health standpoint it seems as though Mother Nature isn’t encouraging it either. Now is as good as time to remind everyone that there are so many STDs on the street these days that promiscuity is a high risk activity. What’s more alarming now is that even with the use of a condom you can still contract HPV or herpes. The end game is that you bring home a disease to your husband or wife that they cannot get rid of.
It seems the only players in cheating who are encouraging it are those who are doing the cheating. Over the years I’ve learned that people are only willing to judge based on the same criteria they would expect in return. So one could conclude that people are less likely to condemn cheating because they suspect that one day they will be in the same position, or have already been in the same position. I don’t encourage lying, therefore, I’m not a fan of cheating. That’s my stance on it. Nevertheless, I cannot tell a lie, I’m not sure I’m ready to be a tattletale.




By: Written By Dr. J

Share on Google Plus

About SpaxtheRoyal

    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments :